Research & Development as per need of the State
- To promote applied and basic research in various disciplines of science & technology.
- To create strong S&T base for conducting advanced scientific research in the state.
- To undertake R&D projects for developing new technologies and for providing solutions for need based problems.
- Supporting R & D Projects in various disciplines of Science & Technology
- Young Scientists Scheme
- CSTUP Summer Research Fellowship Program
Supporting R & D Projects in various disciplines of Science & Technology:
Support to R&D projects in various disciplines of Science & Technology is the flagship scheme of CSTUP, wherein Council provides financial support for R&D in various areas pertaining to Science & Technology for producing new knowledge, help solving technological problems apart academic and institutional development. Schemes are sanctioned to Technical, Agricultural, R&D Institutions, Colleges, and Universities generally for the period of 02-03 years. Click here to download the guidelines.
Young Scientists Scheme:
The main objective of Young Scientist Scheme (YSS) is to provide quick research support to young scientists (employed/unemployed) for pursuing exciting and innovative research ideas and thereby to involve them in national S&T development process. This scheme is useful for young scientists to pursue their bright ideas in newly emerging frontier areas of research in science and technology, to work for integrated research programme involving interdisciplinary fields and to acquire experience in the management of a project. Click here to download the guidelines.
CSTUP Summer Research Fellowship Program:
Council of Science & Technology, U.P. has started summer research fellowships for two months to bright students of M.Sc. 1st & 2nd year (studying in Uttar Pradesh) to work with renowned Professors/Scientists from premier institutes of India. 30 such fellowships will be awarded in 2018-19 with a monthly stipend of Rs. 25000.00 (Number of fellowships will increase to 100 in subsequent years). CSTUP-Summer Research Fellowships will be awarded in the area of Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, biological Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Mathematics.
- Development of human resources / scientific manpower
- Creation of good infrastructure support and strong S&T base for research
- Patent & Technology Development
- Publications of research articles in international/national journals and conferences
- Opportunity to young researchers/ students for getting higher degrees like Ph.D./ M.Phil.
- Important research projects findings are sent to concerned departments / institutions to utilize the results and take desired action for the benefit of the state
- Providing opportunity to bright students to know the latest development in Science & Technology
How to apply:
Applications for R&D Projects, Young Scientists Scheme and CSTUP Summer Research Fellowship Program can be submitted online through www.cstup.org.